[TCLUG:1868] download from fastest site

    Ben> Does anyone know of a program that will search a site like
    Ben> ftpsearch for a list of servers containing a certain file,
    Ben> ping each server and then download from the fastest site?
    Ben> GoZilla does this under win95, but I'm not using windos
    Ben> anymore and miss this when downloading so40 at 51meg.

I thought of writing this kind of a program in perl--it would connect
to a site look for a mirrors file and ping them. Then it would make a
little map of the sites and rank them. Of course if something like
this has been done already (for unix that is...) there isn't much
point in me redoing things.

Andrew