Non-interactive Excel conversion script

Hey,

Anyone know of a script (perl, bash, c, whatever) that will convert
a tab-deliniated file (or better yet tab-deliniated stdin) to an Excel
file? I need it for a consulting job I'm working on.. customers hitting a
web site want the info from the database (based on their search query) in
an excel format, trying to figure out if it's possible.  If not, I'll just
set it up to send them a tab-deliniated text file and give 'em
instructions on how to import it.. thanks!

-Nate Carlson
 The Infinite Loop
 natecars@infiniteloop.com