Re: [TCLUG:2010] automatic telnet etc

<< Thanks. Expect is definetly the way to go. I've got one problem though,
 when the finish the expect script (i.e. I have logged in) except closes
 all spawned processes, which means I lose my connection to the server.
 I've tried ending the expect script with "close -noexit" but doesn't work.
 Maybe I need to run the expect script aft >>

Try the "nohup" command when you start a process. i.e. use
"nohup command_you_want_to_keep_running &"

I think nohup stands for "no hang up" and might work for you.