Re: [TCLUG:2037] Hamfest

On Sat, 31 Oct 1998, Nate Carlson wrote:

> So, anyone get any great buys at the Hamfest today? I didn't really pick
> up much, just a few small odds and ends... and did you manage to find
> your way there, Ben?

I picked up 15 NICs for $1 ea. They're NE2000 clones which may or may not
work with Linux, but I figured that for $15 I could take a chance.

I also witnessed the future of computer geekdom. The Ham radio geek set
seems to be a little older on average than the garden variety computer
geek. Many people were walking around with handheld radios and wearing
headsets. They would occasionally begin talking into their microphones
like a bunch of secret service agents. I can only imagine what will happen
when wearable computers become available.

I saw a couple of TCLUG members working a booth. They were displaying a
box running KDE. Looked good.

-Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your