default beep

The normal beep that my pc-speaker makes when a program doesn't like a key
I hit or wmmail finds new mail has until now been normal pc-speaker beep
you hear everywhere. I was installing some programs and stuff and now the
beep is this high pitch squeek which is annoying and doesn't altert me
about new mail. How can I get my normal pitch back?

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

It's better to spend the money we have now more wisely than to spend a lot
more money after the fact on the dysfunction we ve created.
    --  Democratic Representative Earl Blumenauer (Ore.)