wierd netware printing

Can someone explain this? I used redhat 5.2's printtool to setup printing
to netware printers via nprint. If I print in wordperfect with a word
perfect hp4 postscript printer filter it works fine. But if I print a
postscript test page from printtool, nothing happens (I'm using rh's
hp4/5/6 filter).

When I run

cat postscript.ps |lpr -Plibrary

the printer just processes the data for a very long time and then my print
job disappears from the queue and nothing is printed. Is this a filter
problem? What filter should I use -- I'm printing to a HP LaserJet 8000
Series PS?

oh and

cat postscript.ps |nprint -S server -q queue -

works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

Why throw money at problems?  That is what money is for.  -- Kurt Vonnegut