Meetings/group purchases?

New guy on the list..

Meetings:
  1. Tony: (Ron said that Monday and Thursday would _not+ work)
           so it sounds like it may still work for you.
  2. I also have a house, (north) East Bethel, that would be available.

Group purchases/good prices:
  * I would like to build a few higher performance PCs for graphics
    and music (midi, etc.).  (Where is a place to get good prices?)
  * Also I am trying to get a decent price on a satellite link,
    since USWest does not provide DSL, etc.. (no cable either)..
    (just ISDN, or dial-in)

Building:
  * Also I am planning to build a 4-8 CPU linux-cluster of 486s.
      - also I am willing to take 486+ off peoples hands..
  * Also I would be willing to help other working on putting machines
    together.  (workstations, PCs, clusters).

My background:
  I have been doing parallel programming support, debug and optimization
  for Cray (now SGI) for the last 7 years...   And I have been using linux
  for only about 2-3 years.

I am interested in:
  Software projects:
     - MIDI and Multi-track softare
     - graphics (like redoing my graphics from my cell biology course).
     - Animation
     - parallel computing (molecular biology specifically).
     - Robotics/Automation

  Teaching projects:
     - Converting schools over to linux (from MicroSoft, as the 140,000
       machines in the Mexico school system).  (also my neighbor does the
       Fridley schools computing)..  (^8
     - Online free educational courses
     - Robotics/Automation

Some of the Linux resources I put on a WWW page, since my bookmarks got
to large:
	http://www.cbc.umn.edu/~mwd/linux-info.html

Mark
--
Mark Dalton       CH3-S-CH2 H                      H      O       H
Silicon Graphics, Inc.  |   |                      |       \      |