Re: [TCLUG:2271] avi player

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, David S. Cargo wrote:
> In my experience, xanim does not handle encodings using Intel Indeo
> video codecs of type 4.1 and 5.0.  (It also doesn't handle some of
> the newer flavors of mpeg.)

No it doesn't. I asked the guy who makes it about this once and he said
it was because intel wouldn't release version 4 or 5 of the indeo codec
(or 3 for that matter). Do you know of any other avi players for Linux
(open source or not) that support the  recent indeo codes? I've done a
little looking but haven't found much.

Hans