Re: [TCLUG:2295] InstallFest tomorrow

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Clayton Fandre wrote:

> This is just a reminder that tomorrow is the TCLUG InstallFest. It will
> be from 10am to 4pm at Sibley High School. For the location and
> directions, check out the TCLUG website.

I'll throw in some more info here for the benefit of those who plan on
showing up tomorrow. We have plenty of room.

Unlike last time, no one will be pushing us out the door. I would like to
get home eventually, however, so we'll try to get everything wrapped up by
5pm. I'll have everything set up by 10am.

> So bring your friends, and your friends friends. Even if you don't have
> a PC to install Linux on, you can come anyway and share your knowledge.
> Plus there will be Caldera T-shirts, flashlights, and media (OpenLinux)
> given away.

I know that there will be several Sibley students here tomorrow that would
benefit from your "gurudom." I think we'll hand the stuff out as door
prizes. There's quit a lot to give away.

You should enter the school through the science dept. doors. Look for the
poster-sized Linux penguin posters by the door. Sibley is at Hwy. 110 and
Delaware Ave. (See http://tclug.real-time.com/ for more details.) The
school is at the top of the hill. Make sure you drive all the way to the
top of the hill before you turn into the school. If you pull into a rather
small parking lot, you're in the wrong spot. When you find the parking lot
(at the top of the hill, of course), park in the 2nd section. A row of
trees divides the sections. You should see the red Tux posters from there.

Some technical details:

My files server is loaded with RedHat 5.2 ready to be installed via ftp.
Also, I've got all of the KDE and Gnome RPMs (for RedHat) and the
StarOffice 5.0 binary.

Bring a NIC if you've got one. Our T1 should be wide open on Sat. The
transfer speeds will be good. You can either use DHCP to get an IP
address, or I can assign you a separate one if you don't have DHCP
installed. Bring your SuSE and Debian CDs if you've got 'em. Also, I've
used most of my patch cords in my lab. If you've got one, bring it. I
don't need any more hubs. You might want to lug your monitor in if you
want to get X working.

Have I forgotten anything? Let me know if anyone needs clarification about
anything. See you tomorrow. (Did I mention that you should bring a
friend?)

-Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your