GNU/Linux Consulting, St. Paul, MN

<http://www.freedomain.org/u/lls/writings/free-mn/19981115-resumes.html>
November 15, 1998
To:	GNU/Linux Consultants
Fr:	Lyno Sullivan <mn-resume@freedomain.org>
Re:	GNU/Linux Consulting, St. Paul, MN

Pursuant to my "Free MN Initiative"
<http://www.freedomain.org/u/lls/writings/free-mn/19981003-free-mn.html>, I
want to collect a list of GNU/Linux professionals who could be available
for consulting opportunities in St. Paul, Minnesota.  Please forward this
invitation to your GNU/Linux friends.

This request is an unpaid, volunteer initiative of mine.  I neither make
nor imply any warranty.  I do not represent Minnesota State Government in
this matter.

My intent is to identify people available for consulting.  If you are a
State of MN employee, please say so.  That will probably mean that you are
interested in being available on an inter-agency loan, rather than as a
paid consultant through the Prime Contractors.  If you are available on a
volunteer basis to assist with projects, please say so.

The Prime Contractors sometimes pay finders fees.  I am designating that
all my finders fees be paid as a 501(c)(3) charity donation to the Free
Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111, USA.

The last section of this document explains my goals, in more detail.

INSTRUCTIONS

Please email me <mailto:mn-resume@freedomain.org> with a brief resume.

I will create a web page with everyone's brief resume.  I will include a
copyright notice placing the collective work under the LGPL.  Sorry for
this inconvenience but FreeDomain.org is pure copyleft.  I use the LGPL for
the Prime Contractors sake. Therefore, you MUST place your information
under either the GPL or LGPL.

<Public> information may be posted at FreeDomain.org.  Information not
otherwise designated is assumed to be <public> and under the LGPL.

<Private> information will be made available to the State of Minnesota and
its Prime Contractor vendors.

<Confidential> information will be disclosed to the State upon request for
additional information.  It will also be disclosed to the Prime
Contractors, upon request of the State.

This means if you do not want your resume posted on the web, you could
simply mark it as <private>.

If you do not have a web address for your resume, you may also send me a
second email with your full resume and I will place it at my web-site,
provided you affix a GPL or LGPL copyright notice (see my signature for an
acceptable form).

*****SAMPLE RESUME*****

<mailto:mn-resume@freedomain.org>
<public>
GNU/Linux Resume, November 14, 1998
Lyno Sullivan <lls@FreeDomain.org>, Stillwater, MN
<Private>Phone 651-430-0507</private>
<Confidential>206 S. 5th. St., Stillwater, MN 55082-4917</confidential>
Full Resume: http://www.freedomain.org/u/lls/resume.html

I have spent 40 hours installing and using Debian GNU/Linux.  I know how to
spell SMTP, HTML and GCC.  I know the "G" in GNU is spoken (guh-new).  I am
well known for not having created any free software.  I have spent over
2,000 hours trying to understand free software licensing, advocating for
the application of free software to government, and advocating for
universal secure email within the mn.us hierarchy.  I am interested in
volunteer team assignments and in paid assignments.
--
Copyright(c) 1998 Lyno Sullivan; this work is free and may be
copied, modified and distributed under the GNU Library General

*****END OF SAMPLE RESUME*****

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT MY INITIATIVE

"Free MN Initiative"
<http://www.freedomain.org/u/lls/writings/free-mn/19981003-free-mn.html>
This recommends that the MN State Legislature cease funding the usage and
creation of non-free software.  I will request this ban immediately for
server operating system software.  I will wait for GNOME before
recommending the same for the desktop.  This article has been delivered to
200 senior managers within State Government and to the Information Policy
Council (IPC) <http://www.state.mn.us/intergov/ipc/>.  I will request
legislative hearings in Spring, 1999.

"Minnesota State, Public Email Policy"
<http://www.freedomain.org/u/lls/writings/free-mn/19981022-email-policy.html>
I want the State to install a GNU/Linux email backbone within government.
Then I want them to extend a secure mn.us email backbone to all citizens of
the state.

"The Application of Free Software to Teams in Government"
<http://www.freedomain.org/u/lls/writings/gnu-desktop/19980930-teams.html>
I want the State to experiment with the application of free software to its
internal business.  Then I want them to create many public input email
addresses and listserv discussion groups throughout state government.

"Local Community Digital Network (LCDN): Features and Strategies"
<http://www.freedomain.org/u/lls/writings/19980505-mpdn-lcdn.html>
I want the State to assist the local communities.

"Lyno Sullivan, Collected Writings"
<http://www.freedomain.org/u/lls/writings/lls-portal.html>
There are other aspects of the Free MN Initiative among my other writings.