IP-Masquerading: lost...

Ok, all you firewalling gurus out there...  After compiling the kernel
2.1.121 with the appropriate options (or so I think), I tried to set the
firewalling options to enable IP-Masquerading...

	root@wookimus:~# ipfwadm -I -f
	ipfwadm: setsockopt failed: Protocol not available

Well.  What does this mean?  Did I miss a kernel option somewhere?
 (BTW - in the make menuconfig, I couldn't find IP-Forwarding as a
network option.  Did they include it automatically w/something else?)
Plus, if I try to do the following:

	# ipfwadm -F -l				(List the contents of ip_forward)

I get something like

	Cannot open file /proc/net/ip_forward

I'm missing something here and I don't know what it is.

--
Chewie / Gunnarr
mailto:chewie@soncom.com