Half-Life is being ported..  They still need the client

  From: http://www.linuxgames.com/
  Zoid and Half-Life  Tue Nov 24 21:13:41 1998 CST
     Zoid, the porter of Quake2 to Linux, has been announced as the porter
     of the Half-Life dedicated server. Portax, the head dude over at
     ValveWorld, forwarded this email to me.

     Zoid is working on the Linux port of the Half-Life dedicated server.
     Once he's finished with that he'll be addressing some console related
     features that people have asked for that should make the dedicated
     server easier to administer.

     Now if we could get them to make a client, I would be happier.
				Update by Raven

For petitions for various games on linux:
	http://www.linuxgames.com/petitions/

For games on Linux:
   http://www.linuxgames.org/
   http://www.linuxgames.com/

> On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Ben Kochie wrote:
>
> > cool.. good stuff.. i'm trying to scrape up to get halflife.. i hope
> > everyone has signed the petition to get halflife ported to linux :)
>
> I, too, would like to see halflife on my Linux box.  Where is this
> petition?
>
> Chris Kesler
> "information superhighway" is just an anagram for "i'm on a huge wispy
> rhino fart"

Mark Dalton       CH3-S-CH2 H                      H      O       H
Silicon Graphics, Inc.  |   |                      |       \      |
Eagan, MN 55121         CH2-C-COO    //\ ---C--CH2-C-COO    C-CH2-C-COO
mwd@sgi.com                 |       |  ||   ||     |       //     |
                            NH3      \\/ \ / CH    NH3    O       NH3
                                          NH
My home page: http://www.cbc.umn.edu/~mwd/mwd.html
BEAM Robotics: http://www.webconn.com/~mwd/beam.html
WWW Cell Bio. course: http://www.cbc.umn.edu/~mwd/cell.html