Re: [TCLUG:2438] Somethings going to cost me a zillion dollars unless you help

On Tue, Dec 01, 1998 at 08:17:40PM -0600, Richard Seymour wrote:
> I determined that I could telnet into the router and instruct it to hang
> up. Then I can watch and it attempts to reconnect within several seconds.

  I too have a P75 and have bi-directional connections.  Two things to
check on your router.  Do you have syslog logging messages turned on?
And if so, where is the message being send?  Second, do you have a
snmp traps defined?  If so, where are those trap messages being send?

  I find that the syslog message do generate a lot of messages.  So every
time you connect or better yet disconnect it generates a message.  If that
message is or has to be send out back over your link to the syslog host,
then that may be the cause of your link comming back up within seconds.
Its not as bad for snmp traps, since most of those traps are related to
logging into and exiting the router.

  Hope this helps.

j.heil
heilja@dbsource.com