Re: [TCLUG:2499] Apache Install question

Rpm uses a different package naming scheme.  You can name the package
whatever you'd like.  The package itself has a single name so:

foo-1.2-3.i386.rpm
is actually known to rpm as "foo"

$rpm -ql foo-1.2-3.i386.rpm
 package foo-1.2-3.i386.rpm does not exist.

$rpm -ql foo
 /usr/bin/foo.sh
 /usr/lib/foo.so
 /etc/etc/etc...

You can also find out what's installed by doing `rpm -qa` to query all
installed rpm packages (you might want to pipe it through less, though).

Peter Lukas
Math Systems Office
University of Minnesota