Re: [TCLUG:2516] posters and questions

Eric Hillman wrote:
> > -Does Redhat support Dvorak keyboards?
>
>         Yes. (You didn't ask, but, I, for one, think that the Dvorak hype is
> overblown.  I recall one study which showed that Dvorak may accelerate
> carpal tunnel damage because it concentrates too much on the right hand,
> whereas QWERTY favors the left and requires more alternation between hands.
> My opinion is that Dvorak may be more damaging, but the probable cause is
> Dvorak zealots pounding the hell out of their fingers trying to prove
> they've gained 5 words a minute since switching...)

Interesting (and colorful) perspective.  That's an angle I hadn't
thought about.  I've putzed around with Dvorak a little, and
wouldn't mind learning it as a change of pace (but I'll never
give up good ol' QWERTY).  Dvorak does seem to make a little more
physical sense than QWERTY, but I wouldn't deny the carpal tunnel
problem.  Who knows?  All the vowels are on the left side, so
maybe if you're writing in Hawaiian both hands balance out and
carpal tunnel isn't a problem.  (c:

John