RE: [TCLUG:2611] JDK-1.1.7/Motif fix--use a SledgeHammer :)

	[Schlough, Mark]

	I am grateful that Troy came to the rescue of my fragile ego.  He's
met me and he knows that I'm a softie.  Anyway...I am familiar with RPM and
looked for a solution to my problem.  This particular RPM is not a real
solution.  I hav found that rpm -e...rpm -ivh....rpm -e...rpm -ivh  will
begin to anihillate my RPM database.  It tells me shit like package already
installed when it's not and rpm not installed when it is.  My rule is, if it
doesn't install nicely, and I can dupliacte an RPM install with another
method.  I go with the substitute.   The JDK is very easy to install, so I
discovered.  But _this_ RPM sucks.  I didn't say RPM sucks.  RPM rocks!!
assuming they actually come with special libraies that they need.  This one
was just not ready.  So, I didn't use it.  I am not a C programmer.  I am
cutting my teeth on Java and Perl.  Rather than just "take, take take" from
the OSS community, I feel obligated to give.  That means I document the
"livin' piss" out of stuff that I "figger out", 'cause I can't code no
kernels.   I know your intentions were good, others may not give you the
benefit of the doubt.

	Mark