Sound Blaster 16 does not work under RH5.2

Hi:

    I installed RH5.2 (linux mall distribution) and my Sound Blaster 16
does not work. I used sndconfig, but can not find the ISA-PnP card. Then
I manully set the Sound Blaster 16 settings with the correct IRQ, DMA
etc, but it still says can not open audio device.

    But the truth is,  Sound Blaster 16 worked very well yesterday under my RH5.1
on the same computer. And it is still working well under MS windows.

    Appreciate any help mailto:tuxx0010@tc.umn.edu