GLUE

Has anyone mentioned the possibility of registering this group in GLUE
(Groups of Linux Users Everywhere)...  Here's a snippit from the web page
with membership benefits... (http://www.ssc.com/glue/)

There are only two groups in Minnesota registered, and none in the Twin
Cities area...  There are a number of requests on the page from TC area
Linux users looking for a local group as well..

-----------

Why should your Linux User Group join GLUE?

The idea of a central repository for user groups is not new. In fact,
there are a number of lists of them, including one SSC established. What
we want to do with
GLUE is establish a list that will be regularly updated and, hopefully,
include most groups.

Meeting these goals means a large investment in time and money. After much
thought we realized that SSC could benefit from this effort and then pass
on the
benefits to the groups themselves. This would help everyone involved.

We are willing to help establish new user groups. We don't want to
establish, direct or be in any way involved in running the groups--we feel
that is best left to the
local individuals involved. What we do want to do is help you get started,
help you publicize the group and offer some incentives to attract more
members.

What user groups need is:

     Visibility
     Ways to attract new members

To that end, we have come up with a plan that offers substantial benefits
to user groups and their members, yet costs them virtually nothing -- just
$10 more than a
single subscription to Linux Journal. These benefits include:

     A 10% discount on Linux CDs to group members
     A copy of BRU 2000 Backup And Restore Utility
     A copy of Caldera OpenLinux Lite
     A copy of TCL Blast!
     A copy of Red Hat Linux
     A web pointer to the group
     E-mail list server available for group use
     20 free "member" bumper stickers
     Sample magazines for meeting give-aways/promotion
     Sample Linux products from participating vendors
     A complimentary subscription to Linux Journal

Other companies may also offer discounts, free products, or other premiums
to GLUE members. Ask your favorite Linux vendor if they support GLUE; if
they
haven't heard of us, direct them to this web page.

Other than your yearly membership fee (cost of a subscription plus $10),
the only thing we ask is that you point back to the Linux Journal web site
from your web
pages, or to this page.

Interested? Register now!

(from http://www.ssc.com/glue/whyjoin.html)

______         _ __          REAL men use LINUX!!!       $500 fine per
  /           ' )  )                                     junk email message
 / o ______    /  / _  . .   http://www.visi.com/~tneu/  Federal Law
/ <_/ / / <   /  (_</_(_/_     -tneu@visi.com-------     47USC, sec 227