Re: [TCLUG:2823] GTK and GNOME compile problems

"Shawn T . Amundson" wrote:

> You need to install the GNU gettext package.  I forget what version,
> but it is the same one that GNOME needs.  It might say in the
> HACKERS file, and will tonight if it doesn't already.

Yep, that's correct.  You need gettext 0.10.35.  I believe the
previous rpm of gettext was broken (didn't have gettextize,
etc.).  You can get a copy from any current RH 5.2 mirror.
That's what I did.

Incidentally, I believe that the new gettext version also means
you don't need a copy of the intl/ directory in every GNOME
module.

> There will be a new GTK+ release tonight as well.

Cool!  Getting ready for the freeze?  What's gonna happen with
GTK+'s version number when GNOME freezes?  Just another GTK+
release, or are you guys planning on a 1.2?

John