From: Christopher Palmer [mailto:reid@pconline.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 1998 2:23 PM
To: tclug-list@listserv.real-time.com
Subject: Re: [TCLUG:2918] multiuser GUI w/o multi-X

On Wed, 23 Dec 1998, Ben Luey wrote:

> Is there a way to let different users use X without having multiple X
> sessions. (Am I right that having multi-X session running is inefficient?)
> Maybe a variation of xdm that would let you lock your screen(s) but allow
> others to login as use other screens.

Wow, that would be cool. Too bad I've never heard of anything that does
it. :) It would be like ALT+Fx (virtual consoles), only for X. I have a
feeling that it's possible with some serious tweakage with your init
scripts -- mapping 0:0-n to VC 1-n...hmmm... I've got a good feeling
that's do-able. Cool. Now I have something to work on over break...

As far as doing it with a single X session, I think that's impossible. :(