Re: [TCLUG:3482] ssh & windows???

On Sun, 17 Jan 1999, Scott K. Johnson wrote:

> <SNIP>
> >ssh exports the display automatically.  You don't have to set the DISPLAY
> >variable - everything, including X apps, gets routed through the secure
> >tunnel.
> >
> >Gabe
> </SNIP>
>
> Right, but don't I need a ssh client for windows or something??  Since
> windows doesn't know what ssh is like it does telnet for example...

Well I guess I'm not clear on what you're looking for.  If you want to
export X applications into Windows, there is a _great_ program out there
for doing just that: Exceed.  I've never seen it sold or personal use,
actually.  My roomate has a copy he "obtained" from a previous employer.
According to his, the commercial license was upwards of $1000.  You may
want to try looking for a personal edition.  I think a company called
Hummingbird puts it out, but I could be completely mistaken.  The version
I've used is a couple of years old and didn't have secure shells.

Gabe