Re: [TCLUG:3491] Many boxes -- One monitor

I also use a Masterview at home and a similar device at work.  The
device at work is labeled Black Box, but I'm not sure they're the ones
who made it.

Both devices (home and work) support Linux and Windows boxes.

A couple things you need to be careful about.  If you have mixed mice
(PS/2 and serial) make sure the box can handle it.  Sometime you need to
connect 2 mice, one PS/2 and one serial, if you want to drive both kinds
of mice.

The other issue is that with PS/2 mice, some boxes don't emulate the
presence of the mouse for the currently unselected systems.  This
causes problems, at least for Windows systems, when they reboot without
being selected (they detect that there is no mouse).

The Masterview/Black Box are the least expensive devices I've found.
There are other manufacturers (I did some research for this a little
more than a year ago), but the only one whose name I can recall off hand
is Raritan (http://www.raritan.com) and I have no experience with their
product.  If you want more names, let me know and I'll dig them up.

Eric