RE: [TCLUG:3539] Linux Pavilion (fwd)

Likewise, the consulting firm I work for will not be attending Strictly
Business. You are absolutely right: it has become a marketing circus, and a
bad investment for the typical company who must pay $$$ to be there. The
return on investment is bad for a company who is spending money to be there
and expecting to sell enough product to more than pay for the expense.
However, in this case, I think that this would be precisely what the doctor
ordered.

If there is an open (and free) invitation to represent Linux, then what
better forum for local marketing and increased name recognition than a
"marketing circus"? I sure wouldn't pay to be there, but if it's free, why
not? Bring some foam "Tux" stress-balls, a bunch of TC-LUG bumper stickers
and fliers, and raffle away a few T-shirts. Make sure Red Hat and Caldera do
the same. What better way to introduce ourselves to the masses?

Neal