Re: [TCLUG:3569] Matrox Mystique G200 AGP and X

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Jelly Donut wrote:

> XFree86.org says that one is supposed to use the standard SVGA server
> for it .. what are you using to configure it ? What distro are you
> running again ? SuSE ? It have any nifty X-server config utils ? Or are
> you using standard Xconfigurator (which I've -never- got to work right)
> or doing it by hand ?

I'm using SuSE 5.2 and 'XFree86Setup' which has worked for me before
(using my other video card, which works under the SVGA server).

> .. It won't work at any res at all ? What sorta errors does it give ?
> Post to the list <g>

I tell it to use the SVGA server and that I ahve 8MB RAM on teh card, but
I don't know what else to tell it about the card. When I pick any
resoultion 1024x768x8 or below, it gives me some kind sub-640x480 display
that only shows half of the screen's contents (the left half).

Christopher Reid Palmer : reid@pconline.com : www.pconline.com/~reid/