Re: [TCLUG:3567] More Security Questions...

I am new to linux security and have done some of the same things you're talking
about; disableing the majority of the services that are handled by inetd... At
the reccomendation of someone from this list I also checked out the tools at
psionic.com. Sentry, one of those tools, detects various port scans and if
configured properly will immediately cease service to the offender. It uses the
tcp wrappers to deny future access to offenders. There's also a logging tool
that'll e-mail reports of attacks to the specified account so it's convienant
to stay on top of these activities.

SSH is my next project so I may be asking you about that. Good Luck!

ron parker