Re: [TCLUG:3548] xdm

> Not that this is usefull, it would just be cool to scare away some of the
> Windows freaks that like to tour our building and mock us for our rather
> simple looking login screens.

If you want your login to look better, I'd recommend looking at gdm or
another xdm clone.  They tend to actually look semi-decent rather than
just being a white box with "Login:" and "Password:"

If you're into wasting CPU cycles, you could also try some programs like
ripple (xripple?) that will make it look like you have water on your
screen..

Another idea would be to run xlock on the background ;-)

Of course, with all of these, you'll probably want some way to kill them
gracefully..  I don't know how to do that, unfortunately..
--
|               Mike Hicks | Linux User Since: 1.2.13
: http://umn.edu/~hick0088 | mailto:hick0088@tc.umn.edu
`              icq:6883760 | Current Kernel: 2.2.0-pre6