Observations on Linux, or, It builds character

----------------------------------
E-Mail: nkras@earthlink.net
Date: 23-Jan-99
Time: 17:31:27

This message was sent by XFMail
----------------------------------

   I hope no one said this Linux stuff was <easy>. I've found the KDE desktop
deletes it's own executable links. Click on mail or news client...nothing.
Funny, it <worked> before, and I didn't go near the configuration file. kppp is
a good setup tool, but just try going to fvwm or openlook. When KDE shuts down,
so does your dial up. At least going trhough pppd or equivalent keeps your dial
up open. KDE also crashes with Netscape. KDE 1.0 has been herewith deleted from
my partition.

   Can't find $HOME/.newsrc for tin. Looked at the hidden files, used find.
Nothing. Not there. So how is tin reading it?

   Can't find out how to enter authorization for my news server with trn.
Authorization fails, program ends.

  Can't figure out how to retrieve email from a remote server with elm or mail.

  Sigh.