Re: [TCLUG:3669] linux on VisWS

> Well it finally happened, someones been able to put linux on a
> Visual Workstation, you can read the official HOWTO.  There's
> a link from slashdot.  My question is, since the processor is a
> PII, will regular x86 binaries work (the architecture of
> the board makes me ask)?

I would think so, unless they're doing direct I/O.  There might be some
problems down the road because of the Unified memory architecture (The
memory used for video is in main memory..), but I'm sure that could be
worked around...
--
|               Mike Hicks | Linux User Since: 1.2.13
: http://umn.edu/~hick0088 | mailto:hick0088@tc.umn.edu
`              icq:6883760 | Current Kernel: 2.2.0-final