what's using the device

While trying to get autofs to work I have somehow gotten some program or
resources stuck using /mnt or the module autofs.o. I can't unload the
modules:

[root@pclueyb modules]# /sbin/modprobe -r autofs.o
autofs: Device or resource busy
[root@pclueyb modules]#

nor  can I delete the directory for the same reason. automounter is not
running (and I can't get it running because of whatever is using /mnt.
fuser -m /mnt shows nothing. I removed the
lock at /var/lock/subsys/automounter/ /etc/mtab also has nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

"Are your parents going out for New Year's Eve?"  -- Hobbes
"Are you kidding?  My parents' idea of a wild night is to mix a scoop of real
coffee in with decaf." -- Calvin