RE: [TCLUG:3788] /etc/fstab for smbmount

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Ben Kochie wrote:

> actualy, I just saw something about latest version of mount being able to spawn
> off smbmount to mount files from /etc/fstab..

I tried adding

//pclueyb/public        /mnt2/samba              smbfs   user,noauto

to /etc/fstab , but
mount /mnt2/samba

gave me

[root@pclueyb /mnt2]# mount samba/
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on //pclueyb/public,
       or too many mounted file systems
[root@pclueyb /mnt2]#

I have mount-2.8a-2, smbfs-2.0.1-4, and samba-2.0.

Thanks,

Ben