Vanilla Clients Maling Clients Archive

Re: [VANILLA-CLIENTS:42] COW 3.00 pl1 on Solaris

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999 you wrote:
>On Thu, Apr 15, 1999 at 07:12:19PM -0600, Bob Campbell wrote:
>> Hey guys, just joined up to help keep the solaris builds of COW 3.00 going.
>
>Isn't there a COW/Solaris maintainer already?

There should be one, I currently don't have a metaserver keylist handy to
check out who is owning the key.

>> So, I've already run into something, and I'm too old and crotchety to hunt
>> this down any farther.  Basically, where the hell are these functions:
>
>Anyway, you seem to be using the mkkey.c distributed with COW which requires
>libmp.a (which GMP provides).  The U.S. version only uses libgmp.a, however
>there are some minor differences between the two versions of mkkey.

Not really true. COW is supposed to deal with GMP2 by defining some
config.h macros (I don't care about memory leaks in mkkey ;-)

It looks like for some reason autoconf failed on Solaris and didn't define
HAVE_GMP2_H proper.

The proper solution to fix the problem would be

#define HAVE_GMP2_H 1

and send me the autoconf output, maybe I can find out the reason for that.

Kurt (007)

--
Kurt Siegl / Franzberg 4, A-4483 Hargelsberg, Austria
Email: 007@netrek.org       Tel (ISDN):   *(7225)7017