Vanilla Clients Maling Clients Archive

Re: [VANILLA-CLIENTS:9] [COW] Kurt, Carlos

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999  Dave Ahn wrote:
>Erik Olson <ejolson@indiana.edu> recently uploaded some COW and BRMH binaries
>with keys to ftp.netrek.org.  Below is the README file associated with the
>binaries.  I have moved copies of these to /pub/netrek/clients/{brmh,cow}
>for now, but I'd like to hear something from Kurt about these binaries.
>
>Carlos, attached are the public keys if you decide to add them to the client
>key ring.

I own the official COW Linux libc5 key by myself. If there are any problems
with the binaries, please tell me.

I did not do a Smallscreen libc5 version, because this lib is already quite
outdated. If one really needs a 800x600 (small Screen) client, he should upgrade
the system to glibc.

If there is really a need for a libc5 small screen version I may make one.

>        brmh-2.3-LinuxELF-mar1999
>        cow-2.02-LinuxELF-mar1999
>        cow-small-2.02-LinuxELF-mar1999
>
>The binaries along with their public keys are available for anonymous
>ftp in /pub/netrek at tangle.evermann.indiana.edu.  I have also just
>uploaded them to /pub/netrek/incoming/ejolson on ftp.netrek.org.  Here
>are the public keys

Clients which don't follow the official naming convention generated
automatically by the make, should never be uploaded anyway.

My suggestion is not to upload the client as well as the key.
There should not be more than one blessed client for each architecture.

Kurt (007)

--
Kurt Siegl / Franzberg 4, A-4483 Hargelsberg, Austria
Email: 007@netrek.org       Tel (ISDN):   *(7225)7017