Vanilla Clients Maling Clients Archive

RE: [VANILLA-CLIENTS:16] RES-RSA 2.9 for Netrek clients and servers, U.S. version

 Well, the code on wormhole was encrypted to keep those nasty evil non-US
people who couldn't possibly comprehend advanced US technology from
downloading it. :)

 I guess reading through the previous list messages the only thing
preventing us from having a one true source for this code is the RSA patent.

 Further study indicates that the RSA patent expires in 9/2000, and some
other articles mention that the RSA patent is most likely invalid anyway.
Ohwell, drat.