Vanilla Clients Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-CLIENTS:203] libgaudio, simultaneous sound effects

On Fre, 10 Mär 2000 you wrote:
>Just noticed on freshmeat;
>
>  libgaudio is a library to facilitate easy incorporation of sound and
>  sound effects in games. Samples are loaded into memory and playback
>  is then triggered or stopped. The system mixes any number of
>  concurrently playing samples together (up to a predefined maximum).
>  Also possible is the inclusion of a background MP3 soundfile (the
>  external program "mpg123" required).
>
>COW doesn't do this yet does it?

No, COW uses a simple and very portable sound library written by myself.
It allows only playing a single soung file at the time.

BTW: The COW CVS source, just moved to sourceforge.net. The cowsrc.netrek.org
alias is already pointing to the new place, but I haven't tested the new
destination yet. So this freshmeat anouncement hits me on the wrong leg now :-(

Kurt (007)

--
Kurt Siegl / Franzberg 4, A-4483 Hargelsberg, Austria
Email: Kurt.Siegl@freemail.at  Tel (ISDN):   *(7225)7017