Vanilla Clients Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-CLIENTS:216] can't edit color pixmaps

On Sun, Apr 30, 2000 at 07:50:27PM -0400, Buzard2245@aol.com wrote:
> Let's say the rom GA. Well, when I save the files it says on the netrek
> window "unable to read file pixmaps/rom/GA" or something like that. What's
> the problem?

Depends on what you did.  Compare the original file with your edited
file line by line and make sure your change was correct.  Usually this
is caused by a failure to stick rigorously to the format required.

There are programs for editing these files, nobody I know has ever tried
to edit them by hand using notepad.  Use the programs.  Example: GIMP.

--
James Cameron   mailto:quozl@us.netrek.org   http://quozl.us.netrek.org/