Vanilla Clients Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-CLIENTS:219] cow3 metaserver problem

On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 07:05:06PM -0400, Buzard2245@aol.com wrote:
> The cow3 metaserver has few servers. I like netrek.unh.edu but it rarely
> appears on the metaserver list. Also a few others. How do I add more servers
> that I like to the list so they pop up automatically?

The metaserver is not the responsibility of the client.  The fact that
a particular server does not appear generally means you can't play on
it anyway, so why would you want to play on a server that isn't working?

If a server is dead, the client will not display it.  But ...

There is a netrekrc setting you can change that may affect the list
displayed ... metaStatusLevel: set it to a higher number to allow more
entries to be displayed, despite them being dead servers.

Also, write to the manager of the netrek.unh.edu server to let them
know they aren't appearing on the metaserver all the time.  They may
know why already, they may not.  To find their mail address, connect
to the server and read the message of the day.

--
James Cameron   mailto:quozl@us.netrek.org   http://quozl.us.netrek.org/