Clue Pickup Archive

[CLUE-PICKUP] Draft League CAPTAINS NEEDED

    ** IMPORTANT NOTE **
    This is the LAST WEEK to sign up for the draft league!

    We're pretty desperate for captains at this point.

    We have 78 players, with which we could run six teams, or maybe
    even eight teams (if we get a few more players).

    However, we have only four captains.

    Captains only need to do two things: draft a team, and captain their
    team during play.  All game scheduling will be handled by the draft
    league council.

    Please sign up to captain!

Draft league info:

    *  Draft league games will be played every Tuesday night at 6pm
    PST/9pm EST.  Servers will be predetermined by the Draft League
    Council, so there is no need for teams to have schedulers.

    *  Players who have not joined the draft league will NOT be allowed
    to play in any draft games.

    *  Draft league games will be standard 90 minute INL games
    with 30 minutes overtime.

    *  Captains will be allowed additional timeouts (some number TBD).

    * The draft league will be in conjunction with the INL, not as
    a replacement.   Players may freely join both leagues.

    *  All decisions/questions/etc. go to the Draft League Council.
    (email bsherrod@biowarfare.com with "DLC" in the subject line)

    *  Check out the 1998 Summer Draft League Web site at
	http://www.crhc.uiuc.edu/~scott/draft.

How to join the league:

    Send email to bsherrod@biowarfare.com.   Your email should
    have a subject line which reads:

    Subject: Draft League

    Please include the following information in your email:

	*   name
	*   email address
	*   how often you think you can make it to games
	*   one or more of your netrek characters by which you think
	    other people will recognize you
	*   indicate if you wish to captain
	*   Optional:  a short description of your netrek experience,
	(information that you would want captains to see before they
	make their draft decisions).

    Draft league submissions must be received before 9:00am PST,
    Monday, May 4.

    The draft will happen on Tuesday, May 5, at 6:00pm PST, on a netrek
    server TBA.  Regular season will begin the following week, with
    weekly games played in a round-robin tournament (plus possibly some
    playoff games).