Vanilla List Maling List Archive

[VANILLA-L:829] Vanilla Server 2.7pl7 problem on Redhat Linux 5.0

Hi-
The server does not configure (or something) properly on a RedHat
linux 5.0 system.  (It was ok on my old system, RedHat 2.0).
The main problem is that bsd signals are used instead of posix signal
(it breaks with bsd), and a smaller problem is that the crypt library
is not used when compiling the programs that use crypt().

To fix it, after running configure, I needed to change:

system.mk:  EXTRALIBS:  added -lcrypt   removed -lbsd

config.h:
changed #define BSD_SIGNALS to #undef BSD_SIGNALS
changed #undef POSIX_SIGNALS to #define POSIX_SIGNALS

--
dave

+