[VANILLA-L:1054] Re: [VANILLA-L:1052] Solicit code, new metaservers = hosed slots

Bob Tanner wrote:
> I hate to point fingers, but ever since we expanded the metaservers
> and some of the servers have switched to solicit code, continuum gets
> really weird busted slots.

Need to run gdb against something like tools/xtkill and have a probe
around shared memory for that slot to figure out what is strange about
it.  Print the slot and send us the data; edited down of course. ;-)

These "perm-phasers;" can you be more precise?  Do all players see them,
or only the slot that is affected?  Do you see anything different on
xsg? What happens when the player fires?

Does Continuum use the solicit code?

If not, then perhaps it relates to the polling of the metaservers, which
has not changed; though it has increased.

--
James Cameron                                    (cameron@stl.dec.com)
Digital Equipment Corporation (Australia) Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 000 446 800