Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2756] DUX

On Tue, Dec 21, 1999 at 11:02:38PM -0500, Nathan Doss wrote:

> > I ran across "DUX -- A client for Netrek" which is based on COW.  Anyone
> > familiar with this effort?
>
> I guess I'm the one to blame for what's there.  I had made some
> modifications to cow, someone asked that I put it on a web page, so I
> did.  In short, I converted it to c++ (not really much to that),
> changed the sound code (added background MP3 music, had stereo effects
> at one point), and have been trying (slowly) to clean up the code and
> get rid of various fluff in an attempt to both understand and simplify
> the code.  I've also been adding some code to allow people to write
> "training" scripts (sorta like the tutorial in subspace).

You may want to coordinate your effort with the COW and Netrek:1999 people.

I'm starting to worry that there may be too much fragmenting in the
different versions of clients when we should probably be converging on
just one or two.  Anyone else agree?

Dave

--
Dave Ahn <ahn@vec.wfubmc.edu>        |  "When you were born, you cried and the
                                     |  world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
Virtual Endoscopy Center             |  so that when you die, you will rejoice
Wake Forest Univ. School of Medicine |  and the world will cry."  -1/2 jj^2