Vanilla List Maling List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2281] netrek

On Sun, Apr 18, 1999 at 03:34:21PM -0700, Erik Lauer wrote:
> Could you please either disable twarp or make a modification
> where a starbase can turn of twarp without disabling docking
> altogether?

To assign a new key to toggle transwarp, we'd have to change the client/
server protocol.  A way around this would be to introduce a new player
comand so that if you send yourself, for example, the message "transwarp=0",
it would be disabled.

> I find that twarp detracts from the game...

Perhaps Bob could just turn it off.  I've always felt that normal transwarp
was just useless and quite annoying to the SB primarily because of the
degrading speed.   If Bob wants to leave transwarp in, perhaps he could
enable calvin twarp (which at least adds silliness and humor value).

--
Dave Ahn <ahn@vec.wfubmc.edu>        |  "When you were born, you cried and the
                                     |  world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
Virtual Endoscopy Center             |  so that when you die, you will rejoice
Wake Forest Univ. School of Medicine |  and the world will cry."  -1/2 jj^2