Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2667] Proposal, comments anyone?

On Wed, Oct 06, 1999 at 05:28:38PM -0700, Tom Holub wrote:

>> Interesting proposal:
>Not really.

You make it sound like I haphazardly tossed this idea out without any
thought.

> You fly more and fight less.  There is only one enemy planet you can
> reasonably control.

I think you discount the fact that there would be more players in the
game.  Yes, you fly more, but you also have more enemies to deal with.
Yes, it would be harder to control enemy planets, but there are more
people to help you with it.  But the layout would definitely bias towards
the status quo; perhaps the winning condition could be changed to something
like 16-4 for a game reset.

> Diagonal games are boring.

Have you played one with 12 vs 12?

Assuming a diagonal game scenario with additional players, I'm interested
in what it would take to maintain interesting game mechanics.

--
Dave Ahn <ahn@vec.wfubmc.edu>        |  "When you were born, you cried and the
                                     |  world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
Virtual Endoscopy Center             |  so that when you die, you will rejoice
Wake Forest Univ. School of Medicine |  and the world will cry."  -1/2 jj^2