Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Metaserver guidelines?

Are there any sort of guidelines for adding servers? Should there be?

I noticed a new server "aegis.web4ecom.com". Not only does it have no obs
port, no playerlist port, no UDP_PORTSWAP support, and no admin info in
the motd for me to ask about these things, it also has 5 permanent bots
that don't exit when there are no humans. (Yeah, I tried sending them
"exit".)

It seems kind of silly to have a broken server like this cluttering up the
meta, especially when the bots make it show up as an in-use server.

- Karthik