Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

RE: [VANILLA-LIST:2929] Newbie server comments

> From: Jeffrey Nowakowski [mailto:jeffno@ccs.neu.edu]
> "Steve Sheldon" <sheldon@visi.com> wrote:
> >
> > So I'm home sick today...
>
> 24 hour lupus?  My condolences.

 No, I think it's more of a gastro-intestinal disorder, maybe with a touch
of leprosy.

> Cheese: If you cloak when you pick they don't know you picked.

 Bah!

> In general I think the bombing and ogging are good things to teach
> newbies.  I agree they do cloak too much.  One thing I wish they would
> do more of is space control.  Another idea I like that I've heard is
> to have them respond to RCD messages by teamates (SB ogg, Rc++, etc).

 Well bombing and ogging are good things to teach.  The problem is in a game
with more robots than people, the newbies get no chance to learn bombing and
ogging, because you have 5 of the robots doing it for you.

 Maybe the robots should have different personalities... i.e. focus on
ogging, bombing, carrying, etc.  Rather than having 5 robots all try to do
the same thing at once.

> So far three people have show some interest to me in improving the
> bots.  I have seen nothing to date.

 I'm showing no interest other than suggestions. :)