[VANILLA-L:1476] Re: [VANILLA-L:1474] loginfo examples

Quoting Dave Ahn (ahn@vec.wfubmc.edu):
> On Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 05:06:17PM -0600, Bob Tanner wrote:
> > Anyone have some loginfo scripts that will track all commits to the
> > repository and email them?
>
> Notify might be a better solution since it allows anyone with write access
> to track changes to any file.  Sorry, I don't have examples, though, because
> I've never used that feature of CVS myself.
>
> If you want to bind it to loginfo, I suggest downloading and trying out
> the auto ChangeLog generator.  I saw a link for it somewhere off the CVS
> WWW site.  It automatically generates ChangeLog entries for each commit
> that is made.  You could probably add a line at the end of the script to
> mail it off to vanilla-l or something.  I haven't used this personally,
> either.

Hmph. Well, I asked the folks at java.apache.org (another open
software project I work on) for their loginfo stuff. Couple of quick
hacks and I got it working to my (low) expections. :-)

So, if you are interested, you can sign up for the BETA cvs commit
announcement mailing list.

To get all CVS commit info emailed to you send a message to
"vanilla-devel@us.netrek.org". No subject or body text is required.
I'll add a web sign-up/sign-off thing later.

All cvs commit info is archived and web viewable at:

http://vanilla.us.netrek.org/devel

You'll have to drill down the year, month tree. I'll make a pretty
front-end later.

To see the format of a cvs commit entry, just like what you will get
via email:

http://vanilla.us.netrek.org/devel/1999/Feb/msg00002.html

I'll add a search engine later.

I updated the README file for this information. Someone want to update
the main vanilla web page?

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700

+