[VANILLA-L:1481] Re: [VANILLA-L:1480] RE: [VANILLA-L:1473] Re: [VANILLA-L:1470] RE: [VANILLA-L:1466] Re: [VANILLA-L:1457] Re: Discussion

> > |Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this
> > |software and its documentation for any purpose and without
> > |fee is hereby granted [...]

> > The phrase "any purpose" includes for-profit use.  There is
> > no provision for
> > derived works being also free; only that they must contain
> > the copyright and
> > permission notice (that would not affect new modifications).

> "any purpose and without fee"

> That implies to me that you can't charge to use the software or derivatives
> based upon it.

It lends itself about equally to the interpretation that you are free
to use it for anything you like and you won't be charged for it.  [By
the authors of Netrek.]

-Jonathan
+
++ Vanilla-l Mailing List ++