Scott Dier wrote:
> [...]
> "Computer scientists are working on new, more secure technical standards
> for wireless networks. But that's a couple of years away."
>
> Is mostly untrue, however.  Theres solutions right now, propreitary at
> worst (cisco everything), and 'hard' at best (IPSEC everything).

I think he was referring to 802.1x being deployable (including
per-session keys & key refresh) and the timespan that people
are looking at {fixing,replacing} WEP. He's talking about making
the medium secure, but it may all be moot by then; hopefully
everyone that needs to will be treating 802.11 as an untrusted
medium (and running VPN/SSH/IPSec/<whatever over it) by then.
andyw at pobox.com

Andy Warner		Voice: (612) 801-8549	Fax: (208) 575-5634