Concerning kismet... I can't get it to work reliably with my prism2.5 card.
To make it work at all I have to run 'prism2_monitor <channel>' on the
channel I want to sniff on.  It will then sniff on the channel I select, but
no others.  If I run the script and specify a new channel, it will start
sniffing on the new channel, but stop on the first channel.  Therefore, I
have to manually cycle through all the channels.  Additionally, it sometimes
stops working on all channels and I have to restart card services via
'/etc/init.d/pcmcia restart'.  What gives?

I am using:
    kernel 2.4.7-10
    Redhat 7.2
    kismet 1.4.2