From: tcwug-list-admin at tcwug.org [mailto:tcwug-list-admin at tcwug.org] On
Behalf Of Matthew S. Hallacy
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 9:08 PM
To: tcwug-list at tcwug.org
Subject: Re: [TCWUG] Bluetooth

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 04:09:22PM -0500, Chris Elmquist wrote:

[snip]

> You get the same behavior often when trying to run a 2.4 GHz cordless
> phone near your 802.11b stuff.  The phone just knocks the WLAN
equipment
> right to zero... even though they are on different "channels" and use
> different spreading sequences, they're in the same passband and the
> poor receiver gets nailed by the nearby transmitter.

Strangely enough my 2.4ghz phone (made by GE) seems incapable of causing
interference with my wireless, and the lan doesn't cause any problems
with my phone (no static whatsoever) the phone has a range of just over
100
yards, and the Access Point/Phone Base station are only seperated by
about
10 feet =)

> Hmm...  move your 802.11b to 5.7 GHz ?  :-)

Less range, more expensive.

http://www.pobox.com/~chrise

--
Matthew S. Hallacy                            FUBAR, LART, BOFH
Certified
tcwug-list at tcwug.org