On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Dean E. <dean at ripperd2.dhs.org> wrote:

> That's BS.  I PAY for my bandwidth, so i can do what I please with the
> bandwidth I bought.

Well, isn't this the fundamental difference between cable and DSL?  With
DSL you are paying a fixed cost for a fixed amount of bandwidth, so I
suspect they don't care.  My understanding with cable is that you're
paying a fixed cost for bandwidth that can burst far above what the
provider could support, if everyone was doing it at once; thus their
different TOS.  I think the cable companies are worried about free hot
spots blowing their business model.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <brent at nordist.net> N0BJN
(unable to get DSL, unwilling to get cable modem)